Thursday, January 26, 2012

What is the name of this picture book? Wordless cross sections of a boat/hotel in sequence?

I'm looking for the title or author's name of a couple of books that I used to take out from the library all the time as a kid. My feeble attempts at googling words that might describe it have failed me.



Basically one was about a hotel I think, the other a boat/ferry. Every double page was a detailed cross-section of the place that remained in the same space on the page on every double page in the book. However as you turned each page, every little detail inside it would change, all the characters, the background etc. You could single out one character, then turn through the book and follow that character's story right through to the end, then go back and follow someone else.



One element I recall linking the two books was that in both a chef was cooking some green, slimey soup which came alive, spread around the environment and had strange effects on the characters it came in contact with.



The books were lavishly illustrated and full of tiny details. They might be well known or they might be obscure, I don't know.



I just really want to find them again!What is the name of this picture book? Wordless cross sections of a boat/hotel in sequence?
I think you and I are looking for the same book! Or it could very well be by the same person.



I posted my question 4 days ago but it got deleted.



I remember the book as a hotel/mansion. Everything at the beginning of the book was normal...but towards the end crazy things happen. I recall an alien abduction, a ghost, maids, a chef, and animals running loose.



There were many things happening in and outside of the hotel...all in small, detailed illustrations, with no words, and in a time sequence just like you described!



I have been trying to find this book again...and it's driving me crazy. :(
  • prescriptives
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment