Thursday, January 26, 2012

Soft boiling eggs: how do you get the perfect white so that it's not rubbery, but easily dissolvable?

Hello everyone,



I'm looking for alternative perspectives from several categories on yahoo answers on how to perfectly soft boil an egg. This morning I awoke to the most delectable, perfectly soft boiled eggs by my mother. Although I asked for her to recreate the eggs exactly as was done the first time, she was unable to do so. So, I'm wondering if someone here can illustrate through words how to perfectly soft boil an egg to these requisites:



1)The egg white is in a semi-solid state, though is NOT rubbery, but will "dissolve" in the mouth.

2)The egg yolk is cooked, but not dry and mealy.



Most importantly, the egg white is cooked and will dissolve in the mouth, not retain its consistency when in the mouth. I absolutely detest eggs where the white is rubbery and when subjected to mouth tension/saliva is unbreakable, like the bonds tying it together are cemented.



Thanks very much and I appreciate your responses,



JenSoft boiling eggs: how do you get the perfect white so that it's not rubbery, but easily dissolvable?
I think its all about timing. I normally let it boil for about 3:50 seconds t get the consistency I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment