Thursday, January 26, 2012

I need help writing this essay, an suggestions / info would be of great help.?

I have to write an essay on the following topic:Trace the history of an object of great value to you. If you do not know the object鈥檚 history, you can research it鈥檚 history or create one based on what you do know. Throughout the essay, use the object鈥檚 history to reveal something about yourself. For example, a ring you inherited from your grandmother might illustrate your closeness to her; similarly, getting an autographed baseball might be the impetus for your interest in coaching a professional baseball team.



Can anyone give me an example of what exactly my teacher is asking for. I remember writing a paper in high school on this but it was not as complicated. He wants 1500 words and wants me to describe the object and talk about it's history and what not...All I can say is Huh???



All the students in the class asked for an explanation or an example but he said that we should know how to write a paper already and that if we needed help we had to contact the tutoring english teacher in the library (that was such a help)...NOT! I work a full time job, have a baby to take care of and have to do cook and clean and pick up my daughter from her babysitters house so how the heck am I supposed to take time out and go to a tutor...Is this not the reason I am paying for my classes, so that he can teach "EMPHASIS" on TEACH!!!! HELP!!!!I need help writing this essay, an suggestions / info would be of great help.?
Most college teachers don't teach. They either lecture or "guide" your learning. They usually prefer to be called "instructors" instead of teachers because that is what they do is instruct you what to do... you have to figure out how to do it. I was just like you when I first started college. I work full time and have two kids and attend full time classes. Where is there time for homework right? You will get it though, don't give up.



As far as the essay... you are fortunate with the topic that you have. I wish I could have written a personal essay. The method to a personal essay is to use your heart. Pick something that really does mean something to you. It doesn't have to be yours. If it were me I would probably pick something of my kids that means something to me. Like their tiny newborn clothes or a pillow or blanket that someone made for them. Find something that really have deep meaning to you and pour it out. Start with either typing or just writing down everything you can think of, don't worry about order and what not... just get your thoughts on paper. Then let it sit a day or so while you research the origin of where the object came from... (i.e. the materials of a blanket and so forth). Then go through the first draft you did and put it in order and edit it as you see fit. Put in the information that you researched as you go along where it fits in. (Make sure you site where you got the info if you have to do a works cited)



Essays are one of my least favorite things to do EVER. I feel your dilemma though. I have just come to the realization that you HAVE to put your heat in it somewhere, especially with this sort of topic. I hope that this helps at least a little. Good luck on the topic and your education. Trust me, I have managed kids, work, school, home for 3 semesters now and working on the 4th and have been on the dean's list the whole time. It is possible to achieve your goals. =) If you are like me, I don't want my kids to ever think that they prevented me from doing what I needed to do.I need help writing this essay, an suggestions / info would be of great help.?
can you do people? Do a parent and find out family history. It teaches you probably more relevant things than objects as you need to know where you came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment