Friday, January 20, 2012

Im 13, what should i buy for my family? And more, 10 POINTS!!!?

My budget: 150$ (a portion of years of saving. don't say I'm spoiled since i don't even get allowance)

My budget within my mom,dad and brother: 100$ ( i dont wanna spend a lot on the rest)



My dad is a handyman kind of guy, he's almost 45years old. But he has everything a handyman can have: about 10 toolboxes, carpenter glue, and tons of tools i have never heard of. So tools isn't gonna do it.



He like to cook, especially with spices! He even cooks waaaaaaaay better then my mom, lol. I was thinking of spices or something, but i have no clue where to get that.

He's born and raised in Lebanon so he's used to stuff like Lebanese Coffee. I was searching for that also, with no success.



Now, my mom. She's also near 45 years old. I thought of a wool scarf. I think it costs around 20 to 30$. Maybe i should buy her scented candles? It comes cheaper and matches with my budget but i bought that last year too. I though of spa but its near 50$ for the cheapest thing. That's half my budget!



For my older brother (almost 16yrs old) i decided to buy a 1gigabyte memory card for his MP4. But since that doesn't cost more then 5$, I'm thinking maybe of buying him a video game too? We have a PS2 and he has a brand new laptop of his own.



For my younger cousin (7years old boy), i don't know what to buy him at all. His parents bought him a telescope so i guess he is into space and rockets. Maybe i should get an illustrated book? But he's got tons of that at school, it'll finish in a day.



For my youngest cousin (2 and a half years old girl), that's where I'm stuck the most. Clothes? She seems to like it, but i don't know what to get (size isn't a problem, I'll ask the mom). I don't know what she is into.





You dont need to have all 5 to have 10 points cuz im certainly not a 13year old Santa Claus!!!Im 13, what should i buy for my family? And more, 10 POINTS!!!?
Youre so thoughtful!! how sweet :)



if your dad like to cook and hes into spices AND hes lebanese I would get him some iranian saffron, or vanilla beans from madigascar. You could also get him some little gifts like gourmet wild rice to go with the saffron- that would be delicious for everyone.



For your mother- nail salons will usually do a manicure and pedicure for $30- thats in budget and you could wrap up the gift card creatively- I am sure she would appreciate a little relaxation and pampering! You could always just do the pedicure, too, if she doesnt get her nails done. all women love pedicures!! If you could learn how to knit or sew i bet your mother would LOVE it if you made her a scarf! Fabric is cheap and she would love to have something so special.



Your brother would love a movie to watch in his new laptop... and there are a lot of good DVDs coming out that are very reasonably priced. If he's 16 I bet he would love The Hangover or Dark Knight- they were both really popular movies this year. If he likes sci fo or hes a little nerdy I bet he would love the movie "Moon"- its really good! You can ask your parents if the movies are OK, and they are all available on amazon.com- i am sure your mother or father would help you order it!



Your 7-year old cousin could probably use a star map or some cool glow in the dark stars to stick onto his ceiling if he is into astronomy.



As for your baby cousin- you could get some or play doh really cool blocks or a little doll or something. Little kids like anything thats colorful, makes noise, and is fun to play with! Little kids LOVE play doh, its enriching, and its pretty inexpensive.
I have similar problems, it's ssssoooo hard to find something they'll like!!!

Dad-A spice rack, you could pick up a cheap one somewhere and if you are crafty customize it.

Mum-You didn't say what sort of person so i am just guessing! A cheap MP3 player if she likes music or a home spa kit.

Brother-If he skateboards some cool wheels or a funky laptop case (sorry these are bad I don't have a brother)

Boy Cousin-A build a rocket kit, star guide or a rocket you can fire

Girl Cousin-Everyone will buy her clothes. Why not buy a build a bear for her and some clothes for the bear.

Hope this Helps

P.S I don't live in the US so you may not be able to some of the things mentionedIm 13, what should i buy for my family? And more, 10 POINTS!!!?
first my friend some budget friendly stores are family dollar stores,dollar general stores,and those dollar tree stores...for all ages how about winter hat and glove sets, or some new throws for all,, and for dad perhaps heck make em up a holiday soup mug gift basket filled with some great tasting soups he may like , books, wallets, for mum a new wallet and matching purse( max 10 stores have for ten bucks) try pier 1 imports too they have a neat clearance rack filled with stuff during the holidays, also try looking in a big lots stores if you have a store near you..hope this helps..happy holidays to all.. oh if you have a save a lot grocery store they have winter hats and gloves for everyone on your list for a $1.00 each..that is what this polish gal did this year as i am on a really tight budget also...and just a tip if possible try taking advantage of shopping some of the after clearance sales for neat items that will keep until next year tucked away neatly in your bedroom in a storage container to store all your holiday gifts for next year ..hey that is what i do..hope this helps.. wishing you and your family a happy holiday season..Im 13, what should i buy for my family? And more, 10 POINTS!!!?
For your father try maybe a personalized tape measure or something. But I could understand if you didn't want to do that. What about a signed cook book from his favorite chef they are reasonably easy to get hold of in collectors stores or ebay.



For your mom I would suggest scented candles and some n-spa toiletries I would suggest the vanilla one. They are to die for but are still sophisticated enough for your mom. Or if you would really like to splash out what about a foot spa you can get them for $15 at a drug store.



For your brother I think a memory card is a great idea. You could maybe get him a gift card to his favorite music store and a case for his mp4 unless he already has one of course. or a dock I got one for $10.



For your cousin what about this personalized space themed wall clock http://www.giftarama-design.co.uk/person鈥?/a> my neighbors son has one and loves it.



For your other cousin how about a cheap barbie doll or this teddy bear wearing a personalized t-shirt http://www.giftarama-design.co.uk/prince鈥?/a> if all else fails what about a pair of cute pajamas I saw a really nice pair in loblaws with fairies on!



Good luck and if you end up stripped for cash buy personalized items because it makes any old junk look expensive and special.



From the other 12 year old santa claus! If you have any ideas for me it would be great!
Dad-- look for an indoor spice garden. That was he can grow spices all year round and have them in the kitchen wher he uses them!



Mom-- Bath salts and a candle set. That way she can have alone time in the bath where she can really relax!



Your brother-- Maybe invest in a couple memory cards, that way he can put different groups of things on the diferent cards.



THe boy cousin--get a put together rocket kit. He can take his time putting it togeter and then enjoy sending it up into space.



The girl cousin--I would say a doll baby, something with a soft body/face. She will be able to carry it around with her and play all day.



Hope this helps some! Good luck and have a great holiday season!
oh oh oh okay I'm gona focus more on the little girl because I have been dying to shop for a little girl for christmas this year ( I donno why) okay something that wouldnt cost much that I know a two year old would love ( I once had a young cousin myself that played pretend with me) is one of those little pretend princess sets at dollar general they have a dress and everything for about five bucks and thats cheap or a little tea set (they have those at stores like walmart and dollar general for five dollers+)



Okay so the guy cousin I personally would do the book thing and maybe like a pack of space food its what the astronauts eat (they sell ice cream sandwhichs at hobby lobby) and maybe print out a map of the stars that he can collor and put on his wall



for the mom you couuuld try knitting(if you knit) her a scarf and doing the spa or just knit her a scarf and buy the candles (I love candles personally i would love to get them every year and you cant go wrong with a knit scarf it says thought love time and their SOFT)



honestly I can say i dont have anything for your dad I'm pretty lost there



for your brother I would get him a good set of headphones (Bose,Sony, or if you wanna get really high end skullcandy) and maybe a itunes gift card



so hoped I helped :)



peace and merry christmas
Dad: Check etsy.com or amazon.com for spices, coffee, etc.



Mom: Definitely check out https://acadiaw.scentsy.us for deliciously scented wickless candles (not dangerous!). Car candles are only $3.



Older brother: He'll probably love a video game. Or try a mix tape USB http://www.thoughts4gifts.org/2009/08/sh鈥?/a>



Younger cousin: handmade friendship bracelets are only $1 each at http://www.etsy.com/shop/aacadiaa. My 7 year old brother likes them.



Youngest cousin: Try etsy.com for cute handmade clothes, toys, etc.



Also, thoughts4gifts.org has some great ideas. (especially some of the earlier ones)

No comments:

Post a Comment