Thursday, January 26, 2012

Spiritually: How do you illustrate faith?

As mentioned in Hebrews 11:1



For those of you that do not have faith, or think it is foolish:

"What is it that motivates you towards the good?"



"Faith is the assured expectation

of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though

not beheld", a brother used the following:





Let's take . . . PIE. I have a favorite pie and when I walk into the

room and smell that aroma, I think . . . "There's a pie cooking".

Now, I look around the kitchen and I see apple peelings, bits of

crust dough lying around, flour on the counter. I KNOW there's

pie and what KIND of pie it is. I've never seen it, but I know it's there.

Then, there's a NOTE which says: "I know by now you've smelled the

pie ... and 'YES', you may have some as soon as the timer rings".

Now I KNOW that the pie is there ..... it's cooking ..... it's apple

..... And it's for me.



And I know all this without having ever SEEN the pie. The evidence

of it's existence is all around me. And I KNOW I'll be eating pie

soon.

The same is true of 'faith'. We have never seen Jehovah .... but

we've seen the EVIDENCE of Him in the natural world, in his people, in

the accomplishments of his organization, in prayers being answered, prophecies being fulfilled and more promised. We KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt that He's real and working for our good.

Then there's the 'NOTE' ..... the Bible, that puts into words

the assurance of His love for us, and the promise of better things.



We've never physically SEEN Him or our future Paradise , but we KNOW,

without a shadow of a doubt that they are REAL because of the enormous amount of evidence around us. We KNOW it.

....now we just have to wait for the "timer to ring".Spiritually: How do you illustrate faith?
Faith is demonstrated every time one must have some form of service done. Drop your car off at a garage. Have work done on your house. Sign up for cell service.



Practically each time, we must pay up front for the service at least a good part of the full amount. No one pays money just to throw it away. We have FAITH that whatever service we pay for will be done properly. That we will get good value for money paid.



That does not always happen. Many times, there are less than honest people out there more than willing to steal anyones money. None wear a sign, "I am a crook!" All pretend to be honest, trustworthy. At times, they put names like "Christian or Honest" in their business names. These people have nothing else in mind but to steal as much money as possible.



Chances are microscopic that you would be the first victim. That is why investigation is required. Past action is a good indication of future actions. Have they kept their word in the past? Did the work equal or surpass what was promised? Did they keep communications open?



All this to answer the one question, "Are you putting your FAITH in the wrong thing or one?"
(F)orsaking

(A)ll

(I)

(T)ake

(H)imSpiritually: How do you illustrate faith?
Human solidarity.



I feel bad when I make other people feel bad......



IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLESpiritually: How do you illustrate faith?
I also agree 100%, thanks for sharing this :)

I'm not sure how I'd illustrate faith. Just hope and love and trust.
I agree with you 100% and I love the illustration but I dont know how to answer the question sorry :/
blind faith?? you can keep it!


maybe .............. just maybe ................... you're wrong!

I'd go Angel?!
Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the assured expectation of Things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld [ seen] 2 For by means of this the men of old times had witness borne to them 3 By faith we perceive that the system of things were put in order by God's word so that what is beheld has come to be out of things that do not appear
Without faith our worship is worth nothing!

This is what Jehovah told us through his prophet Isaiah: “Remember the first things of a long time ago, that I am the Divine One and there is no other God, nor anyone like me; the One telling from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done; the One saying, ‘My own counsel will stand, and everything that is my delight I shall do.’”



The last part of verse 11 says: “I have even spoken it; I shall also bring it in. I have formed it, I shall also do it. (Isaiah 46:9-11)



Yes, we can have faith in Jehovah and his promises just as surely as if those promises had already come true.



The Bible expresses it this way: “Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.”—Hebrews 11:1.





(Isaiah 46:11) the One calling from the sunrising a bird of prey, from a distant land the man to execute my counsel. I have even spoken [it]; I shall also bring it in. I have formed [it], I shall also do it.



(Isaiah 46:9-11) Remember the first things of a long time ago, that I am the Divine One and there is no other God, nor anyone like me; 10?the One telling from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done; the One saying, ‘My own counsel will stand, and everything that is my delight I shall do’; 11?the One calling from the sunrising a bird of prey, from a distant land the man to execute my counsel. I have even spoken [it]; I shall also bring it in. I have formed [it], I shall also do it.



(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.



Our faith cannot contain any doubt about the fact that Jehovah will do all He has promised us.
I think he should wait for the pie to cool before he eats some.

And what about all of the other gods? They're just made up nonsense, right? Of course, YOURS is the real one.
That's a pretty good analogy. Another one I use is the analogy of learning a mathematical formula.

It's like if you're taking calculus and your teacher tells you that this is a formula that will tell you how to find how much water you need to flow through a pipe to cool a turbine or something (just an example).

He writes the formula on the board and I look at it. I copy it and start committing it to memory. At that point I don't have empirical proof that that formula will do what the teacher says it will do, but I have *faith* that it will.

The knowledge that it will prove to be true is pure faith until I go home that night and work it our for myself. Until I work it out on my own and see with my own eyes that it gives me the right answer, all I have is faith.

My faith in God is a lot like that. I have the word of many wise and prayerful teachers through the ages, plus my own experience to tell me that God is love and love is the only thing that can heal the world's wounds. At some point I will know that for sure, see it with my own eyes, so to speak, but until then ... it's pure faith.
I liken it to the answering of your question with this computer. Though I cannot see the information that is being sent, whether it be through wires, or that of the air, I have faith that the coded bits of information being being sent will be reprocessed on your end, much like our DNA is for creation.. Hebrews 11:1 Faith, trusting with unshakable adherence. Great question.
Okay, You Had me at PIE...
The First Evidence that Every True Believer has is the Fact that they have a CHANGED LIFE. New Desires/Habits have Replaced Old (Sinful) Desires/Habits,
and we have been FREED from the BONDAGE of Sin.
This is going to be hard to explain in a short space but I’ll Try...
Romans Ch 8:1 begins by saying “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus...” VS 30 says “Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.” Meaning that Salvation is Entirely of GOD and it is a Complete Package! (From our being Predestined to Our Glorification). Now Look at the very Last VS of that Chapter and Paul Tells us that “There is NO Separation for those who are in Christ Jesus”. I’ve Quickly Said ALL that to Show that Romans Ch 8 is Meant to give the Christian ASSURANCE and Security of their Faith.
NOW, Go back to VS 1 where Paul is Assuring the Christian that he is No Longer under “Condemnation”, In the Next Verse, Paul is going to start to Assure the Believer that he Really is NOT under Condemnation Any More and the Very FIRST thing (Look at VS 2) He Says “FOR” Meaning "BECAUSE". Paul is Telling us WHY we don’t have “Condemnation” and the Reason he gives is Because “We have been Set Free…”, “We NO LONGER are under the Bondage of Sin” (Earlier in the Book he explained that the Unsaved person was Under Bondage to sin). What Paul is doing here in Ch 8:2 is he is Appealing to the Christians Personal Experience to give them Assurance that they Really are NOT Under Condemnation. And His Point is that EVERY Believer is Able to Compare his NEW Life “IN Christ” with his OLD Life “In-Adam”. For Myself there is a Real Noticible Change in my life, I Now Have a Love for Reading and Studying the Bible where I Never had before, I use to be a Loner and didn’t care for anybody but myself but Now I have a Love for my fellow Christian Brethren, and I REALLY Care for the Eternal Destiny of the Unsaved, There severl differences in my Character such as I No Longer am Angry like I use to be, I No Longer Steal... I Could go On with a pretty Long List of what is Different Now as compared with Before I was saved, but my Point is that I KNOW there is a Very DISTINCT Difference between my Before Christ and After Christ! THAT IS MY EVIDENCE! I Am a NEW Creation In Christ Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment