Thursday, January 26, 2012

I need a new blender....?

...CR and Cooks Illustrated are contradictory. Need no leaking, glass jar, good ice crusher.
Live on protein shakes and smoothies. Reviews talk about leaking in some top ranked models. Yuck. I want a glass jar, the power to crush ice, make a great smoothie and not make me go deaf. Please share your suggestions and where to buy. Thanks.I need a new blender....?
A VitaMix blender will last for a long long time and do everything you could even imagine a blender can do, and then some. It can actually cook food -- or freeze "ice cream" in the blender. No machine is used more in commercial applications (bars, smoothies, dairy uses, health drinks) than the VitaMix.

It鈥檚 a bit pricey, but considering the range of uses, durability and quality, I think it鈥檚 worth the expense. By the time you but one of these or 4 or 5 cheaper ones, you鈥檙e saving money in the long run....

There鈥檚 no better blender on the market.

Bon Appetit.I need a new blender....?
I'll throw something different at you. Since you're making shakes and smoothies; what about a Ninja Prep Master? I'm not one for the as seen on TV stuff as a rule but this little devil really works! I gave you three different links to 3 different packages. The basic has the pitcher and one small container, the next one has two pitchers (one smaller than the other) and one container and the last one has the one big pitcher but 3 of the smaller containers.



I needed something that I could chop/grind foods for the hubs easily because he was having some significant dental surgery and would only be able to eat soft or chopped or ground foods for several weeks. I didn't want to get into having to cook several different dinners. I wanted to be able to chop/grind what the rest of us were having so he could at least taste real food. The yogurt, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, soup thing got old really quick with a meat %26amp; potatoes guy. This was one thing my Kitchenaid food processor didn't do well; because it was a smaller amount, it chucked everything to the outside and didn't deliver an even result.



I finely chopped a steak portion for him in 5 pulses. Yes, 5! It's that sharp and power-full! We've made shakes and slushies with it and it really makes them in a hurry! And I do use it more than I thought I would even after hubby is all healed up. It really chops small amounts well and the pitcher is great for making batters in and you can just pour them out on the griddle or in the pan. The multiple containers were really handy; I could chop a meat and whiz up some potatoes for him when we were having baked or boiled potatoes. And if there were leftovers, the storage lids popped on and the blades came out and it went in the fridge.



The downside is that the containers %26amp; the pitcher are poly carbonate. No leaks because the blades are inserted into the containers from the top and the motor head sits on the top of the containers. I've used the heck out of mine already and I just pop the containers in the dishwasher and they still look like new.I need a new blender....?
www.Oster.com

I got rid of my little workhorse Oster because it was ugly. I bought a beautiful Cuisinart instead. It conked out after a month of daily smoothies.

I immediately replaced it with a NICE Oster blender, and it hasn't diappointed me since!

Smoothies (with frozen fruit or ice), drinks, sauces, purees...you name it!

No comments:

Post a Comment