Thursday, January 26, 2012

Best children's books to start my babies' library?

My children are three months old. I know they are very little, but I've been reading to them from magazines at the market and from labels on detergents and food cans while I cook and clean. Our economy isn't the best, but we work hard and we finally could put aside some money to buy books for them. They also have soft, spongy "first books" for them to touch, throw and drool on.



It is time for them to have some real children's books. They don't have to be new. But I want books that are nicely illustrated and tell fun, clever stories that they can enjoy when they are toddlers and preschoolers.



I am thinking Dr. Seuss material. I remember them from when I was in elementary school and they were great. What else is there? I am open to all suggestions and tastes.Best children's books to start my babies' library?
In addition to the usual suspects like Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, my kids adored Kevin Lewis' books. I've ordered 3 copies of Chugga Chugga Choo Choo just for my own family, and several others to give as gifts. My Truck is Stuck was magical as well.

Skippyjon Jones is a hoot. It's one of those books that will crack your babies up on one level while it cracks you up on another level. There are 5 or 6 Skippyjon books, actually. They're all funny, but Skippyjon Jones and Lost in Spice are the funniest. No typo, Lost in Spice.
Any of the Dr. Seuss books. Green Eggs and Ham, Cat in the Hat, Horton hears a who, Oh the Places You'll Go, etc. The ones written by Dr. Seuss are better then the others in the Dr. Seuss series, but the others are good as well.Best children's books to start my babies' library?
"The Very Hungry Caterpillar", "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day", "Riki Tiki Timbo", "The Rainbow Fish", and "The Night Before Christmas" are all good ones. I had them when I was a kid.Best children's books to start my babies' library?
Any Dr. Seuss book will do. Beatrix Potter is also a good option. 'Where the Wild Things Are' by Maurice Sendak and 'The Velveteen Rabbit' by William Nicholson are excellent books for young children. Any 'Curious George' book is also another consideration.
Green eggs and ham by Doctor Sues, the first book I ever read and it is a classic.
The monster at the end of the book was always my favorite. The hungry caterpillar, goodnight moon
Yeah Green Eggs and Ham.That was the first book I have ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment